Sunday, June 12, 2011

Marilyn's Carrots

One late afternoon, I was helping a Marilyn (who is an awesome cook)  prepare a meal at church.  The thought of fixing carrots for 400+ people was daunting - especially since I held the peeler in my hand.  I should have signed up for something different, but what I learned was a fantastically easy way to fix delicious carrots for either a large or small group.  Here is her recipe:

  1. Peeled and sliced carrots, cook them until tender. To make this really easy, I love to use baby carrots.  They are just the right size and already peeled.
  2. Put the carrots in a baking dish
  3. Sprinkle with brown sugar
  4. Melt butter, mix with a little ginger and honey to taste.  The butter should come up 1/4 of the way on the bottom of the dish.
  5. Pour over carrots.  I like to sprinkle a little chopped parsley - makes it look pretty.
  6. Cover with foil and bake.  Since the carrots are already tender, you don't have to bake this very long at all. 
  

No comments: