- Peeled and sliced carrots, cook them until tender. To make this really easy, I love to use baby carrots. They are just the right size and already peeled.
- Put the carrots in a baking dish
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Melt butter, mix with a little ginger and honey to taste. The butter should come up 1/4 of the way on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour over carrots. I like to sprinkle a little chopped parsley - makes it look pretty.
- Cover with foil and bake. Since the carrots are already tender, you don't have to bake this very long at all.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
One late afternoon, I was helping a Marilyn (who is an awesome cook) prepare a meal at church. The thought of fixing carrots for 400+ people was daunting - especially since I held the peeler in my hand. I should have signed up for something different, but what I learned was a fantastically easy way to fix delicious carrots for either a large or small group. Here is her recipe: