Friday, June 10, 2011

Martha's Fudge Sauce

  Years ago, when I was growing up, my mom used to love watching Martha Stewart.  She saw her make some delicious fudge sauce one day and decided it had to be good. Martha has changed her original recipe since then, and I didn't find the original recipe on her website, It is so awesome on ice cream, that I wanted to share it with you.






Martha Stewart Fudge Sauce


Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup light cream 
1/8 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
            (I leave out the above salt if I only have regular butter)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla or Kahlua
           (I like to use Kahlua because it enhances the chocolate flavor)


Method

  1. Combine all ingredients in saucepan except for vanilla.  
  2. Cook over med. heat.
  3. Stir until mixture boils.
  4. Set timer and boil for 2 minutes, I stir mine constantly so it does not stick
  5. (Don't boil for more than 3 minutes or it will become like fudge).
  6. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla.
  7. Store in refrigerator up to a week.
  8. Can reheat in microwave for a few seconds at a time or place in pan of hot water until sauce warms and thins.


No comments: