Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mini Cheese Meatloaves

Mini Cheese Meatloaves



There are a few things that I love to "collect" - books and cookbooks.  What I love even more are FREE books, which I sometimes get on my Kindle device on my phone. When I saw that a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Circle of Friends Cookbook Meatloaf Recipes was offered for free, I had to download it  (it is no longer free).  While my meatloaf has been so-so, I really was looking for one that really made my family excited when I fixed it.  They were so VERY excited to taste my latest trial and LOVED it!  Here is the yummy meatloaf recipe that we fell in love with a few months ago.  I'd post a picture, but they ate it all!  


Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
3/4 C. milk
1 C. Shredded Cheese (I use Monterrey Jack)
1/2 C. quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 C. onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 lb. lean ground beef

Sauce for top
2/3 C. catsup
1/4 C. brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice

1.  In a large bowl, whish together egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt.

2.  Add beef and mix well.

3.  Form into 8 greased mini loaves (I use muffin tins or just put it in the crock pot for a big loaf).  I like to take the left over mini loaves, freeze them, and use them whenever I'm in a pinch for something to fix.   

4.  Combine remaining ingredients for the sauce and spoon over the mini loaves.  Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.  I like to put this in the crockpot in the summer and save on heating up the kitchen.




No comments: