Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Marilyn's Fettuccine Alfredo

The one pasta dish that my family request frequently is Fettuccine Alfredo.  For years I did the Philly Cream Cheese version, and it is good, but it wasn't quite the right taste and texture.  It wasn't until we were having dinner with my friend Marilyn, that my whole family went crazy over her version and she willingly gave me the recipe.  I love it because it so simple and tasty.

Marilyn's Fettuccine Alfredo


Ingredients

1 Stick butter
1 C. sour cream
1 beaten egg
1 C. grated parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
dash of nutmeg


The Method
Melt 1 stick of butter and 1 C. sour cream in a sauce pan.  As soon as it is melted, take it off the burner, put in 1 beaten egg.  Add 1 C. parmesan cheese, dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.  Stir until smooth.

Mix with 1 package of cooked fettuccine noodles, Serve immediately.  I sometimes add a touch of dried parsley for a nice touch of color.

No comments: